Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Learning Story.

Hello, everyone, I'm gonna be talking about my learning story. Since term 1 we started to do science this year it has been an amazing term this year. My favourite part this year for science was the skittles experiment it was really fun to do and my buddy was Jesse from 7/8BH too.

Here is what I've been writing about.
 

Title: Science.
Name: TJ
Teachers: Mr Palmer, Mr Power.
Date: 21 March.
Year 8 Graduate Profile
VALUES


People Smart
  • I listen to understand people’s ideas and opinions
  • I can work successfully with others
  • I understand how my feelings and actions can affect others
  • I act responsibly even when no one is watching
  • I can give useful feedback to others
  • I take responsibility for my own actions
  • I am an outstander – I cho`ose to help others who are having a difficult time

Active Learner
  • I am a curious learner – I ask questions
  • I use feedback to improve my learning
  • I have a growth mindset
  • I know what my next steps are
  • I share my ideas and point of view with different people

Learning Smart
  • I am organised and have everything that is needed for my learning
  • I complete my work in the time I’m given
  • I am punctual by being in the right place at the right time
  • I manage my emotions when I am frustrated or challenged
  • I ask for help when I don’t understand what to do

Thinking Smart
  • I can reflect on my learning
  • I understand others’ opinions and ideas
  • I can think critically
  • I can think creatively

Cyber Smart
  • I use the internet and devices in a safe way
  • I can be trusted to use my device for the task I am meant to be doing
  • I can use digital tools creatively
  • I can use digital tools for different purposes

Commitment
Achievement
Resilience
Respect
Curriculum Skills
For the last weeks I’ve been doing science. My favourite experiment was rainbow paper. What you need to do for it is get filter paper and a cup and water based felt pens then you need to draw a line 1mm from the bottom and 2mm from the top. On the line 1 mm from the bottom you need to draw medium sized dots from the water based felt pens then you need to fold the top part of the 2mm line backwards and put it  over the cup. Then wait for the water to soak into the paper ad the water will make the colours spread upwards then the colours will go together and it will make a cool looking rainbow. And I think we did a good job.

My second favourite one was Skittles. The reason why I liked this one was because the colours were amazing and after we finished doing it we got to eat them. My buddy was Jesse, we both worked together here's a photo of it.

-
-
-
Students Comment

Teachers Comment
Whānau Comment


































No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about